In case you hadn’t noticed, the holidays are officially upon here in Las Vegas. And with the upcoming festivities of Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hanukkah, a yuletide road trip may be in your immediate future. And even though we’re the best source for auto body work in Las Vegas, we’d still prefer that you and your family stay safe – and collision free – this holiday season.
So before you load the car with bright-colored packages and pumpkin pie, make sure to get your car in tip-top shape. Here are our best tips for avoiding auto body work when you return to Las Vegas:
Road Trip Tune-Up Tips from Your Las Vegas Auto Body Work Experts
- Make sure your vehicle registration and insurance is current and that you have proper documentation in the vehicle at all times. Nothing dampers a road trip like a hefty ticket.
- Get all fluids topped off, including steering, brake, coolant and windshield wiper.
- Make sure you’ve got everything you need to change a blown tire – including a spare or a donut.
- Get your tires checked to make sure they’re in good condition. If the tread is too low, get them replaced.
- Plan out the trip! Make sure you have printed directions and know where you’ll be staying along the way so you don’t get flustered – or lost – during the drive.
- If you have a roadside assistance service, make sure you have your membership card and the necessary phone numbers in the car.
- Make sure you have blue tooth or headphones with you in the event that you’ll need to talk on the cell phone.
- Let your family or friends know when you leave and an approximate time to expect you so they can notify someone if something seems awry.
Have a great trip! After all, there’s no place like home for the holidays!